Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Candle Holder Redesign

I picked up this cute candle holder from a local thrift store and I thought it would make a perfect coffee table in my Mansion Redesign.


I am always, always on the lookout for potential items I can use in my dollhouses. I hope this post inspires you to find awesome nicknacks. :)


So here is the candle holder. Doesn't it look like the perfect coffee table? I thought so, and for .99 cents I could't say no.
It's a dark chocolate brown and I wanted to put it into my Barbie Mansion, so I decided to paint it black.
First I cut measured the circles in the candle holder and cut them out of some Foam Core. Then I glued them in using my fabulous hot glue gun.
The texture on the top of the table wasn't to my liking. The glue made it bumpy so I cut out a piece of thick paper and glued it on top with Mod Podge. Then I gave it a couple coats of black paint.
Thanks for reading, happy blogging! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...