Sunday, March 18, 2012

Children's Quiet Book

My son loves noisy toys, so much that it could drive you insane. I wanted to make him a quiet activity book where he could learn and.. well play quietly. :)



It is made entirely of felt plus a few odds and ends. It includes a sweater with zippable zipper, shoe with lace, pocket with button, clock with moveable hands, count the beads, x's & o's and his favourite part is the chalkboard with chalk pocket and attached eraser. 



For the chalkboard I picked up a roll of chalkboard paper (from michaels).  I kept the backing on, cut strips of felt and hot glued them to the page. Then I did a blanket stitch around the edges (as I have with everything in the book, including the edges of the pages).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...