Monday, March 26, 2012

Herb Planters


I was cruising around on Pinterest and I came across these awesome herb planters. They're really neat cause not only do you use recycled materials, they're so convenient to quickly snip as your cooking dinner.






I went to Ikea recently and found these pretty planters that I just had to get! They also had some hanging ones but I couldn't find the chains they hung from. I love the idea of using recycled materials but these were just too pretty to pass up.




I picked up a herb planting set from Walmart, it came with a super cute little tin bucket but I'll save that for another project. The one thing about this set that concerned me was that it didn't say to germinate the seeds prior to planting. I have a bunch of extras so if they don't sprout within the time frame they're supposed to, then I will germinate them.



This seed set was very simple. Mix 1/2 cup of water to the soil and push in about 15 seeds and cover with more soil.


Then I gave them labels so I wouldn't forget :)


And lastly spray them with some water. It recommends spraying instead of pouring the water. This is because you want to avoid over watering your seeds.


I have never purchased a set like this before and I originally wanted to get organic seeds for the best growth, but we'll see how these go! :) 


They're sprouting!! Its so exciting watching plants grow, so beautiful!

Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...