Thursday, August 23, 2012

DIY Bold Striped Curtain Panels

My latest project: If your obsessed with Pinterest, like I am, then I'm sure you've seen these beautiful curtain panels all over.


Just a note, the curtain beside it is red..not purple. When I took the photo it appeared a bit purple so I just have to clarify. I absolutely love these curtains, they really make a room 'POP'.

My inspiration -> (Source: The Yellow Cape Cod).


When I saw these I fell in love. They are beautifully bold and I thought they would go amazing in my living room with my red accents. 

As a cheap approach, I purchased black & white double flat sheets from a thrift store for few bucks. Because I was working with double sheets, my measurements were not the same as hers. 


One panel: I cut 4 black and 3 white. After measuring and cutting, they measured at 14x38.5in, giving 0.5in seam allowance on top & bottom and 0.25in seam allowance along the sides. Because they are sheets, I was lucky enough that some edges were pre-hemmed. Each piece after sewing measure at 13x38 inches.

After completion, my panels measure at 94x38.5in. 



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...