Friday, December 21, 2012

Ballerina Bow Slippers


I made these adorable ballerina bow slippers for my little sister and I think I want to make myself a pair! They are just so sweet and super easy to make!

These slippers are size 11 toddler and can be adjusted for any size childs foot- and even adult.

Abbreviations:
ch - chain
st - stitch
dc - double crochet
sl st - slip stitch

Kids:
7 DC into magic circle.
Row 1: DC in each st, sl st first st.
Row 2: *1 DC, 2 DC in next.* repeat all around. sl st first st.
Row 3: 1 DC, 1 DC, 2 DC, 1 DC in next 14 chs, 2 DC in next ch, 1 DC in each til end of row, sl st to first.
Row 4: 1 DC in each st. sl st to first. 
The amount of rows you make to the top of foot is determined by the childs foot size. For the ones in the photo above, I made a total of 7 rows from the beginning. 
Leave 9 cha unworked. Ch 2, turn and continue 1 DC in each st.
Again, this next step is determined but the childs foot size. I continued with 8 rows. 
Turn the end inward and sl st the heel closed.
Weave in ends.

Bow:
Ch 8.
Sc in second ch from hook and each across.
Ch 1, turn. Sc in each ch from hook. Continue til you've made about 5 rows. 
Sc all around the edges. Wrap yarn around the middle several times and attach it to toe of slipper.
Repeat for second bow.

For the adult version, refer to my mary jane slipper pattern found here.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...