Saturday, December 8, 2012

Homemade Holiday Stockings



This year I was originally going to crochet my own stockings but as it is nearing the middle of December, I am realizing that I just don't have the time. I was looking on Pinterest (as usual) and found sweaters that had been recycled into stockings. What a neat idea! I looked around my house and some thrift stores for some sweaters and decided to make my own. Saved me a lot of time and they are super-duper cute!!

As you probably noticed from the image above, I am hanging on the end of my bed from this year onward. That way, on Festivas morning (I don't like to call it Christmas) my son comes crawling into bed with, we share cuddles and open our stockings together.

These stockings were super easy to make. All you need is some sweaters (adult size) and a sewing machine. Turn the sweaters inside out and trace an old stocking onto them (I didn't have a stocking to reference so I eyeballed it). Sew on the line you drew FIRST, then cut 0.5 - 1 inch from your sew line. Turn right side out and there you go! For the loops to hang them by, you can either take another piece or fabric or a piece of a sweater you used, sew the edges, cut, then sew them to your stocking. Another option you could do (the method I used) is to crochet your loop directly onto them.


Thanks for reading!!
Happy Holidays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...