Monday, January 16, 2017

Origami Pikachu

Lately, my oldest son has been super interested in Pokemon. I quite enjoy this interest of his, well because, I was interested in Pokemon at his age too. It can be so much fun being a parent and seeing what interests your children go through as they grow, especially when it's things you liked as a kid!

My son is almost 10 years old and he has autism. I have a hard time finding things that him and I can do together that we can both focus on and enjoy. I jumped onto Pinterest for some ideas (as usual) and I came across this super easy and cute origami Pikachu craft. I showed him and he actually was excited to do it! I gathered all our materials that we would need:

-Yellow paper (I used construction but you can use any kind)
-Scissors
-Tape
-Black and red markers


Here is the finished Pikachu! Isn't he adorable? My son wanted to mimic the tutorial photo using his tablet. 


Here is his little Pokemon figure display in his room. There's more characters you can make too (link below). But that's for another time!


And here is the original tutorial link that we followed for this craft. (Below)



Thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...